"Toxic Treats" is a floor 6 challenge found in only Series 1. It is a mental challenge. Edit
Layout: The layout for this room is themed around Christmas. The room has green walls with peeling wallpaper and a large purple 6 on the centre wall. On both sides of the centre wall, there are two large Christmas trees, each adorned with purple and green bauble decorations. There is also a slightly smaller tree next to the bigger right tree. Paying further attention to the rooms right there is a pile of presents of different shapes, designs and also colours. These presents have signs on them which usually read suggestions such as "Pick Me!" "Maybe" or "Stay Away!" etc. At the centre is a table covered in a purple cloth where the unfortunates open the presents.
Gameplay: The game itself is rather straightforward. The unfortunates merely need to negotiate among themselves on what presents they should pick on each go. One of the unfortunates shall then go up and pick this present up and bring it to the table. Once this is done, they shall proceed to open it and will discover whether its good or bad. Good presents release a burst of confetti which showers the room. Bad presents will instead (as the name suggests) release something toxic, this being a loud farting sound effect and big bright red light. The voice will tell the saboteur what makes a present toxic and generally tries to help the saboteur to get the team to pick these while also telling them how to look free of guilt.
- This is the only mental based challenge that is on floor 6 in all of trapped.
- The caretaker in one episode receives a toxic treats present for his birthday. This present turns out to have nothing inside it, but the caretaker thinks its a hat.
- In all its appearances, toxic presents were all based on colour.
- Rhys from Series 1 episode 9 was the only unfortunate trapped that was not the saboteur. Everyone else trapped (Montell, Tom and Marie) were all saboteurs.
- This challenge is similar to Exploding Toad in the Hole based on the fact both challenges have signs which may affect the choices the unfortunates make in the challenge.
- After when Tom from Series 1 Episode 6 was questioned about being trapped, he told the voice (In a slightly cheerful way) to "get lost" much to Caretaker's shock and confusion.
- Ben is the only saboteur in Toxic Treats who sabotaged the challenge and remained undetected.