The Midnight Bride is a mental Floor 5 challenge introduced in Series 4 (Trapped! Ever After).
The Caretaker’s Explanation of the Game Edit
When the clock strikes 12, the Midnight Bride has so many admirers, she cannot decide."This is all getting silly," the Marriage Man said. "You must find a husband before you are dead!" Unfortunates must find her three potential husbands, but beware - present her with any she don't like the look of and there'll be trouble. Choose incorrectly three times and it's all over.
The room looks like part of a church a stained glass with a red number 5 on it. The room has chairs with red seats with the men's portraits on top of it. There is also stuff the wedding should have like a 3 layered cake and a group of flowers along with there is a red carpet covered with leaves. Also the room is very dark with candles and a dark window for light. On the sides of the carpet are portraits of the bride’s potential husbands, which the Unfortunates have to choose from.
Challenge Characters Edit
The resident characters are the Midnight Bride and the Marriage Man, played by Eloise Dale and Dusty Limits. The bride wears a wedding dress with her face being barely visible. She is show that she has a hard time choosing the men she wants to marry. From the marriage man she has to choose a husband before she is dead. The midnight bride also is show to get very angry when the unfortunates hand her the wrong husband like when they get one wrong she screams at them and angrily knocks over the 3 layered cake. but she can get very happy to like when the unfortunates hand her a husband she wants to marry she hugs the portrait and walks back. The Marriage Man wears a black suit with gloves and a top hat. He is show to be annoyed ,very impatient and very serious. If they get it wrong he would tell them to choose another husband or with an "oh dear...".
In this challenge, one of the Unfortunates will be in charge of showing a portrait to the bride, while the other four have to work together to make a decision. Unlike other mental challenges, this one has a slight time limit as the clock striking will alert them that the bride is coming and they need to make a decision. If the bride is presented with a husband she likes, she will hug the portrait. If she is presented with a bad husband, she screams. Getting an incorrect answer may also result in the bride doing something else, like knocking over the giant cake or ripping up the flowers. At the start of the challenge, The Voice tells the Saboteur which characteristic the bad husbands will have.
Saboteurs and Unfortunates trapped Edit
- Series 4, Episode 2 (Hastings) - The Saboteur was PJ. In it, the bad husbands are portraits on the left side of the room. PJ ruined the challenge and got away with it. Ross received 2 votes as Saboteur and got trapped. PJ later got trapped on Floor 4.
- Series 4, Episode 5 (Croydon) - The Saboteur was Kaleah. In it, the bad husbands are the portraits with hankies. Kaleah failed to sabotage the challenge due to her being unable to tell hankies and flowers apart. Despite this, she was undetected, with John receiving 3 votes instead.
- Series 4, Episode 8 (South Shields) - The Saboteur was Amy. In it, the bad husbands are the portraits with flowers. Amy ruined the game and got away with it. Adam received 3 votes as Saboteur and got trapped. Amy was later trapped on Floor 3.
- Series 4, Episode 11 (Livingston) - The Saboteur was Katie. In it, the bad husbands are the portraits with “Ed” in their names. Katie ruined the game and got away with it. Martha received 4 votes as Saboteur and got trapped. Katie later escaped the Tower.
Unfortunates in charge of the portraits Edit
- Series 4, Episode 2 (Hastings) - Kimberley
- Series 4, Episode 5 (Croydon) - Ellie
- Series 4, Episode 8 (South Shields) - Abigail
- Series 4, Episode 11 (Livingston) - Nicolas
- Katie is the only Saboteur in this challenge to escape the Tower.
- Kaleah is the only Saboteur who failed to sabotage the challenge.
- PJ is the only male Unfortunate to be chosen as Saboteur in this challenge.
- Nicolas is the only male Unfortunate in charge of handing the portraits, as well as the only Unfortunate handing the portraits who didn’t make it to Floor 2.