Sleep Creepers is a timed Saboteur alert Floor 3 challenge introduced in Series 1. This challenge has a high chance of sabotage failure and/or being detected.
The Caretaker's Explanation of the Game Edit
Eight alarm clocks all going off. Oh, what a racket! The Unfortunates have got to turn them all off. Once they've done that, they've got to jump back into bed and pull their duvet right over their heads. They can't peek out, but if they hear an alarm, it means the game has been sabotaged and they'll need to find the alarm and turn it off. They'll pass if all the alarms are off at the end of 90 seconds.
The room is bleak and dull with a large number 3 on the wall, and contains three beds. Scattered around the room are 8 large alarm clocks - one in each of two gangways between the beds atop bedside tables, 5 scattered around the floor at the front of the room and one large one that is raised above the floor on a platform in the middle of the room.
In order to pass the challenge, the 8 ringing alarm clocks must be turned off by the end of 90 seconds. Each of the 3 remaining Unfortunates (or 4 in Trapped!: Escape the Tower!) assign themselves a bed. The team must work together to deactivate all of the clocks, and then hide under the bedsheets (on one occasion an Unfortunate who was not the Saboteur, Alessio, did not fully get under the covers, giving him an unfair advantage). When the other Unfortunates are hiding, the Saboteur is instructed by The Voice to get out of bed and turn on one or more alarm clocks (whilst being quiet to avoid detection) around the room, choosing the position of the turned on clocks carefully to avoid detection. When a clock is activated, there will be 3 seconds (5 seconds in Series 3, Episode 2) until it begins to ring, meaning the Saboteur must get back into bed quickly to avoid detection. The game is continuously played in this "saboteur alert" format until the end of the challenge time. If the 8 clocks are no longer ringing by then, the challenge is passed and saboteur is trapped. However, if one or more clocks is still ringing, the challenge is failed and regular voting commences.
Saboteurs and Unfortunates Trapped Edit
- Series 1, Episode 3 (Cambridge) - The Saboteur was Puja. Puja failed to sabotage the challenge and was detected by the other Unfortunates.
- Series 1, Episode 7 (Brighton) - The Saboteur was Joe, who had previously been Saboteur on Floor 6. Joe ruined the challenge and got away with it. Florence received 2 votes as Saboteur and got trapped. Joe was later trapped on Floor 2.
- Series 1, Episode 10 (Newcastle) - The Saboteur was Molly, who had previously been Saboteur on Floor 6. Molly failed to sabotage the challenge and was detected by the other Unfortunates.
- Series 3, Episode 2 (Wigan) - The Saboteur was Luke, who had previously been Saboteur on Floor 6. Luke failed to sabotage the challenge and was detected by the other Unfortunates.
- In Series 1, Episode 10, the Saboteur, Molly, pulled off one of the bed-knobs whilst sabotaging the challenge. Despite the voice telling her not to worry, she fixed the bed-knob, using up time and creating a lot of noise - this was likely the reason that she failed to sabotage the challenge and was detected by Kim and Jamiel. Also Molly was heavily breathing (probably from all the running she had to do as the saboteur) when it came to the voting. This could've also been a reason for the others to vote for her.
- In Series 1, Episode 3, when the alarm clocks were turned off, Alessio did not get into his bed, and instead lay on top of the covers with his face on the mattress. This meant that, unlike Zahrah, he could hear (and possibly see) Puja sabotaging the challenge much more easily, giving him a highly unfair advantage when it came to voting for the saboteur (although this did not matter as Puja ultimately failed to sabotage the game, so the challenge was passed).
- During the challenge in Series 3, Episode 2, Luke fell asleep when he was supposedly meant to be sabotaging the challenge.
- Series 1, Episode 7 was the only time a weird moment didn't occur during the challenge (Alessio not going into bed, Zahrah turning an alarm on by accident, Molly breaking the bed knob, Luke falling asleep during the challenge).
- Luke is the only male Unfortunate to be trapped in this challenge.
- Joe is the only Saboteur to successfully sabotage the challenge and not be detected by the others. Likewise, Florence was the only Unfortunate trapped in this challenge who was not the Saboteur.
- Puja is the only Saboteur in this challenge to also not have been the Saboteur on Floor 6.
- After she was voted off, Florence accused both Benjamin and Joe of being sexist due to her saying they voted for her because she was the only girl left.
- This is the only Floor 3 challenge introduced in Season 1 to appear outside of said season.
- In Series 3, Episode 2, the Saboteur had five seconds to reset the alarm clocks instead of the usual three seconds.