Episode Description Edit
This episode aired on the 30th of November 2007. The Unfortunates in this episode were from Newcastle.
- Mauro (boy) only talks only to ballroom dancers
- Kim (girl) won't eat anything unless it tastes like mustard
- Cameron (boy), he hadn't washed in weeks
- Molly (girl), she's best friends with a radish
- Jamiel (boy) can speak fluent dolphin
- Vanessa (girl), she keeps twigs as pets
The Tower Edit
Floor 6 Edit
- Challenge Character: None
- Challenge: Wall Of Sorrow
- Saboteur: Molly
- Status: Challenge was failed. Saboteur was undetected.
- Voting: Vanessa received 5 votes. Molly received 1 vote.
- Trapped: Vanessa
- Details: 2 blackouts.
- Vanessa's last words: I think I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Floor 5 Edit
- Challenge Character: None
- Challenge: Freaky Factory
- Saboteur: Cameron
- Status: Challenge was failed. Saboteur was detected.
- Voting: Cameron received 3 votes. Kim received 2 votes.
- Trapped: Cameron
- Details: No egg boxes completed.
- Cameron's last words: I feel disappointed, but I kind of knew it was coming when Jamiel and Molly saw us.
Floor 4 Edit
- Challenge Character: Ethel the Witch
- Challenge: Witch's Brew
- Saboteur: Kim
- Status: Challenge was failed. Saboteur was safe from the draw straws.
- Voting: Mauro received 2 votes. Kim received 2 votes. Mauro drew the short straw.
- Trapped: Mauro
- Details: There was 1 correct guess, and 2 incorrect guesses.
- Mauro's last words: Well, I'm not very unhappy because I've planned an escape. It's to jump out the window and swim to shore!
Floor 3 Edit
- Challenge Character: None
- Challenge: Sleep Creepers
- Saboteur: Molly (again)
- Status: Challenge was passed. Saboteur was detected.
- Voting: Molly received 2 votes. Kim received 1 vote.
- Trapped: Molly
- Details: No additional details.
- Molly's last words: Well, I was the saboteur. I should have been more light-footed and they might not have guessed me.
Floor 2 Edit
- Details: Jamiel answered 4 questions correctly. Kim answered 3 questions correctly. 10 questions were asked.
- Winner: Jamiel
- Kim's last words: Well, I feel really disappointed but in a way, I'm happy that I got all this way.
- Jamiel said: I'm free!
- On Floor 6, Vanessa was the only unfortunate to vote for the saboteur which was Molly, and everyone else voted for Vanessa! This is also the only time when this situation has occurred on Floor 6.
- On Floor 3, whilst sabotaging the challenge, Molly broke one of the bed-knobs off of the middle bed, causing her to laugh and fumble whilst trying to fix it, which may have in fact lead to her detection and/or failure to sabotage the challenge. When the challenge was brought back for Series 3, these bed knobs were missing from Ellie's bed (who like Molly occupied the middle bed). They might have been removed from the bed altogether following the incident, or could possibly be an Easter Egg or callback to this episode.
- Another batch of unfortunates from Newcastle appear in Series 2, Episode 12 (Newcastle).
- On Floor 6, during the challenge, there was an error where the Voice tells Molly that Vanessa is the only one on the other side of the wall. However, it was actually Kim on the other side of the wall.
- Final appearance of Witch's Brew. However, this was also Sleep Creepers final appearance for a while when it was retired for one series, until it returned for one last time in Series 3, Episode 2 (Wigan) as a possible throwback to a classic challenge.
- Molly is the only saboteur in Sleep Creepers who didn't occupy the bed on the left (she occupied the middle bed).
- Kim is the only Saboteur in Witch’s Brew to not draw the short straw. Therefore, Mauro was the only Unfortunate trapped in the challenge to not be the Saboteur.
- On Floor 4, Kim and Mauro drew the straws with the box by the window instead of right in front of the unfortunates like all other times.
- In Freaky Factory, there was black eggs and egg boxes instead of the usual white ones. The timer also wasn't shown, unlike what normally happens in timed challenges.
- The layout of the episode was different from the other episodes in some ways. Firstly, the camera angles when they zoom out showing an unfortunate trapped zooms out differently from the other episodes in Series 1. Secondly, on Floor 6 and 5, the lights are turned off after the challenge and the objects (eg. the Wall from Wall of Sorrow) are gone. Lastly, each time an unfortunate was being questioned by the Voice after they are trapped, it always showed the unfortunate as up close as possible, obscuring the rest of the rest of the room either to give the impression the room was still there but the set had already been taken down so a form of camera trickery is being used to deceive the audiences, or that the original plan for the show was the unfortunates would play the game, but then the game would go away and the unfortunate is just left in the empty room by themselves (e.g. Vanessa is not really trapped on Wall of Sorrow but rather is trapped in the room where Wall of Sorrow originally was). The idea could have still been somewhat present in the rest of Series 1 as its the only series where after it zooms away from the unfortunate having been trapped, they are stuck in just an empty room. This is likely due to this episode being the first one to be filmed, despite being the 10th episode to air.
- Vanessa is the first person to be trapped in order of filming, since this episode was filmed before the other Series 1 episodes. However, going by airing order, Daisy from Series 1, Episode 1 (Poplar) was the first Unfortunate trapped.
- Molly is the first unfortunate in the show to be saboteur by the order of filming (By airing order its Emmy).
- Jamiel is the first unfortunate to escape the tower by the order of filming (By airing order its Conor).
- Molly referred to the bricks as stones.
- When The Voice asked Cameron how he felt about being trapped, Cameron said "I feel disappointed but I kind of knew it was coming when Jamiel and Molly saw us" when he should have said "me" instead.