Forbidden Chambers is a timed Floor 3 challenge introduced in Series 2.
The Caretaker's Explanation of the Game Edit
In the Forbidden Chambers are crates of smelly Jub Jubs that must be kept apart. To pass this challenge, the Unfortunates must stack the crates of the same colour in the matching coloured chamber. But, they can only carry one colour at a time, and can only enter another chamber if it is unoccupied. If less than two towers are stacked when the time runs out, they will fail!
This challenge has one of the most unique set designs in the series. Instead, of being one room, the room is made up of 4 separate areas which are all colour coded (green, orange, purple and yellow). Each chamber looks metallic in appearance and has a number of warning signs painted in black. Connecting each of the rooms is an automated metal door which can be used to access the different parts of the floor. It is impossible to see the whole room unless seen above, unlike nearly every other challenge in the series.
Challenge Character Edit
The Jub Jubs are unseen characters and are the focus of this challenge. They are all inside the coloured crates that need to be taken to the respective rooms. It is also shown they are very aggressive, as Wiley Sneak is struggling to keep the lid on its crate in the challenge demonstration as well as being supposedly smelly.
The Unfortunates need to ensure that at least two towers of crates are stacked in the correctly coloured chambers at the end of a time limit of 120 seconds (2 minutes). The only way to reach other rooms is to enter rooms when they are not occupied, meaning only one Unfortunate is allowed in each room at a time. To do this, the Unfortunates need to bang on the door to activate the mechanism to enter the chamber. In addition, only one colour (either one or multiple crates) can be carried at a time. The Voice, instructs the Saboteur on what needs to be said to the team and how they can lie convincingly (such as saying what room they are in and what colours they have), and she also tells him or her how the other two Unfortunates are doing and their whereabouts (since none of the Unfortunates are together and cannot see what they are up to).
Saboteurs and Unfortunates Trapped Edit
- Series 2, Episode 4 (Castleford) - The Saboteur was Andrew. The team did not complete any towers, causing the challenge to be failed. Jasmine received 2 votes as Saboteur and got trapped. Andrew later escaped the Tower.
- Series 3, Episode 1 (Brixton) - The Saboteur was John. The team did not complete any towers, causing the challenge to be failed. Olivia received 2 votes as Saboteur and got trapped. John was later trapped on Floor 2.
- Series 3, Episode 6 (Gateshead) - The Saboteur was Ryan. The team did not complete any towers, causing the challenge to be failed. Anna received 2 votes as Saboteur and got trapped. Ryan was later trapped on Floor 2.
- Series 3, Episode 9 (Walton) - The Saboteur was Elizabeth. The team did not complete any towers, causing the challenge to be failed. While Elizabeth ruined the game, she was detected for not interacting with the other Unfortunates.
- Series 3, Episode 12 (Glasgow) - The Saboteur was Carly. The team did not complete any towers, causing the challenge to be failed. James received 2 votes as Saboteur and got trapped. Carly was later trapped on Floor 2.
- Series 3, Episode 13 (Bolton) - The Saboteur was Andi, who had previously been Saboteur on Floor 4. The team managed to complete the orange tower but were unable to complete another, causing the challenge to be failed. Sophie received 2 votes as Saboteur and got trapped. Andi was later trapped on Floor 2.
- In all appearances of the challenge, the yellow, green and purple towers have never been completed. In Series 3, Episode 13 (Bolton), the orange tower was completed.
- James is the only male Unfortunate to be trapped in this challenge.
- Andrew is the only Saboteur in this challenge to escape the Tower.
- Elizabeth is the only Saboteur to be detected, and the only Saboteur to be trapped.
- John is the only Saboteur in this challenge to not receive any votes.
- The rooms have the following text written on them: "Danger" (Yellow), "Quarantine" (Green), "Restricted Area" (Orange) and "No Access" (Purple).
- During the challenge in Series 2, Episode 4 (Castleford), there was a hilarious moment where Jasmine was seen holding Savanna's name tag (shown twice during the challenge - once when Jasmine was in the yellow room and picked up a purple crate, and again when she is in the orange room holding a yellow crate). In the same episode, there was also another goof where Andrew was in the green room, and part of the production set can be seen (this is most noticeable around the 21:40 minute mark of the episode).
- Series 3, Episode 6 (Gateshead) was the only episode featuring this challenge to not have a male Unfortunate successfully escape the Tower.
- This is the final challenge to appear before Trapped Ever After.