Season 1: Episode 7 (Brighton) Edit
Benjamin appeared in Season 1, Episode 7 which aired on CBBC and BBC One on 9th November, 2007.
Benjamin's Journey Through The Tower Edit
On Floor 6: 'Wall Of Sorrow', Benjamin received no votes as saboteur and voted for Jaimee as saboteur because: "Every time I tried to build the wall, she kept getting in my way". Joe and Sunaz also voted for Jaimee, while Joseph and Jaimee voted for Joe and Florence voted for Joseph. However, the real saboteur was Joe. As the team failed, the unfortunate with the most votes as saboteur (Jaimee) got trapped.
On Floor 5: 'Freaky Factory', Benjamin received one vote as Saboteur, from Joseph who said "Because I heard lots of smashing down the other end". Benjamin voted for Joseph as saboteur because: "Most of the smashing came from that side and Joseph's quite quick". Florence also voted for Joseph, while Joe voted for Sunaz. However, the real saboteur was Florence. As the team failed, the unfortunate with the most votes as saboteur (Joseph) got trapped.
On Floor 4: 'Witch's Brew', Benjamin received 2 votes as saboteur, one from Florence who voted for Benjamin because: "He just kept saying no to things", and the other one from Sunaz who voted for Benjamin because: "He always said no for everything". Benjamin voted for Sunaz as saboteur because: "Joe, Florence and me were going over one side and Sunaz was wandering to the other side". Luckily for Benjamin, Joe also voted for Sunaz leaving the vote as a tie between Benjamin and Sunaz. Benjamin drew the longer straw and was safe, while Sunaz drew the short straw meaning she was the one who ended up being trapped. The real saboteur was Sunaz, as she drew the short straw she ended up getting trapped. A lucky escape for Benjamin.
On Floor 3: 'Sleep Creepers', Benjamin received no votes as saboteur and voted for Florence as saboteur because: "When all the alarms went off, Florence was a bit slow to react". Joe also voted for Florence and Florence voted for Joe. However, the real saboteur was Joe. As the team failed, the unfortunate with the most votes as saboteur (Florence) got trapped.
On Floor 2: 'One Way Out And There Can Only Be One Winner (Fight For Freedom)', Benjamin went against Joe and won with 3 points to 1 and escaped the tower. When Benjamin left the tower he waved goodbye to his friends.
- Although Benjamin is the only boy called, "Benjamin" to go on 'Trapped!' there have been unfortunates called, "Ben" such as: Ben from Season 1, Episode 4: (Ipswich), Ben from Season 1, Episode 9 (Cardiff), Ben from Season 2, Episode 3 (Norwich) and Ben from Season 3, Episode 13 (Bolton). Research shows that the majority of people called "Ben" were born with the birth name "Benjamin" so the odds are likely that one or two of the boys called "Ben" (which were just previously mentioned) were born as "Benjamin". However, Benjamin is the only "Ben" to escape the tower.
- On Floor 4: 'Witch's Brew', both Florence and Sunaz voted for Benjamin as saboteur and both gave a similar reason Florence said: "Because he just kept saying no to things" and Sunaz said: "Because he always said no for everything"
- When The Voice asked Florence why she thought the others (Joe and Benjamin) voted for her as saboteur, she accused them of being sexist, saying: "I think they voted for me because I was a girl, I think they made up the excuses for voting for me". This implies that Florence believed that Benjamin knew the saboteur was Joe but voted for her as saboteur on purpose due to her being a girl and him and Joe being boys. However, it could just be that Benjamin did actually think it was Florence, or if he did vote for Florence on purpose whilst being aware of the fact that the saboteur was actually Joe, the reason could have been revenge, meaning that Benjamin probably voted for Florence as saboteur to get back her for accusing him of being saboteur on the previous floor, 'Witch's Brew'.
- On Floor 2: 'Fight For Freedom', Benjamin answered all the questions he was given correctly, however on his second question: "Which plant was growing on the wall of sorrow?", Benjamin was unsure and said, "Pass". The correct answer was Ivy.
- As well as Caleb from Season 1, Episode 6 (Edinburgh), Benjamin is the only winning unfortunate to leave the tower speechless, however, despite not saying anything when he left, Benjamin waved goodbye to his friends, whereas Caleb said nothing at all and didn't wave.