A Child For Tea is a mental Floor 3 Challenge introduced in Series 4, (Ever After).
The Caretaker's Explanation of the Game Edit
There once was a lady, so kindly was she, that children were always invited for tea. “Cooie!” She may seem all smiley and nice but beware, this old Granny is far from it! “Come on in, dear, take a seat. You’re just in time to try my treats!” Fatten them up she might, but Unfortunates, beware! They must eat two/three good sweets. Eating two/three bad sweets spells disaster and one of them cannot be trusted!
The Unfortunates find themselves in what seems to be a kitchen. On the ground are sacks and leaves, and in the middle is a table with three chairs, for each of the remaining Unfortunates. To the far end is a large shelf containing several jars and along the wall are various kitchen items, such as a cabinet, cupboard, wine rack and more.
Challenge Character Edit
The Challenge Character in this challenge is the Evil Granny. She is based on the witch from “Hansel and Gretel” and has a notable appetite for children, such as this comment towards the Pontypool Unfortunates in Series 4, Episode 7, 'You Look Like Butter Wouldn't Melt... Well, It Might If We Turn Up the Stove!'
The Granny will serve the Unfortunates a set of three sweets, each on a coloured plate - red, blue and green. In order to pass the challenge, the Unfortunates need to eat two good sweets, but if they eat two bad sweets, they will fail. During the challenge, The Voice will tell the Saboteur which plate has the good sweet. In Series 4, Episode 7 (Pontypool), the team had to eat three good sweets to pass or three bad sweets to fail instead of two.
Saboteurs and Unfortunates Trapped Edit
- Series 4, Episode 1 (Gravesend) - The Saboteur was Ethan. He managed to ruin the game but was detected for being too forceful.
- Series 4, Episode 5 (Croydon) - The Saboteur was Daisi. He failed to sabotage the challenge and was detected for “playing against the team”.
- Series 4, Episode 7 (Pontypool) - The Saboteur was Leah, who had previously been Saboteur on Floor 6. Leah ruined the game and got away with it. Sam received 2 votes as Saboteur and got trapped.
- Series 4, Episode 11 (Livingston) - The Saboteur was Lauren. She failed to sabotage the challenge and was detected for disagreeing with the other Unfortunates.
- As shown above, Leah was the only saboteur who sabotaged the challenge and remained undetected.
- Sam is the only unfortunate trapped in A Child for Tea who was not the saboteur.
- In Series 4 Episode 7, the unfortunates had to choose best 3 out of 5 sweets instead of the usual best 2 out of 3. This also happened to be in the only episode where the Saboteur (Leah) was not detected.
- Lauren is the only girl to be trapped in A Child For Tea.
- All of the unfortunates trapped in this challenge all sat on the chair to the left of the table.
- None of the unfortunates who sat on the chair to the right of the table were a saboteur during the challenge.
- Leah is the only Saboteur in this challenge who didn’t sit in the chair on the left. Instead, she occupied the middle chair.
- All the episodes featuring this challenge had a female Unfortunate successfully escape the Tower.